Rosacea is a common skin condition that causes flushing and affects the small blood vessels of the face. Flushing is the name of the occasional or persistent redness generated by rosacea.
What cause Rosacea?
Some Signs of Rosacea
Most common sign is swollen and red eyelid.
Individual will notice firm, rounded bumps or thickening of the skin on the face. They will also appear on chin, eyelids, chin or ear(s).
Flushing / Facial Redness
The redness may be accompanied by a sense of heat, sunburn that does not go away.
Visible Blood Vessels
Prominent and visible small blood vessels become visible on the cheeks and other areas of the central face.
Patients will notice extreme dry and flaky skin
Burning or Stinging
Burning or stinging sensations may often occur on the face. Itching or a feeling of tightness may also develop.
Our in-house Skincare Recommendation:
Individuals who suffer from rosacea need to be very careful with their skincare routine. They need a gentle and non irritable skincare to control rosacea. All Biologique Recherche products are cold formulated and fragrance-free to respect the original structure of the active ingredients as well as preserve the integrity of the formulas and avoid allergic reactions.
Bareskin Elements recommends individual who has rosacea to use the following:
- Lait U cleanser or Eau Michellaire Biosensible to gently cleanse skin, gently captures the impurities and traces of make-up. It is extremely light and soothing leaving the skin comfortable with no greasy residue. If you are a frequent traveller, Eau Michellaire Biosensible is extremely useful as it does not require water to rinse off.
- P50T or P50W lotion which gently purifies, smooths, moisturises and rebalances the pH of the epidermis. Recommended to avoid using directly on inflamed area and to only use once a day with dampened cotton wool dilute with the lotion.
- Masque Biosensible significantly reduces the skin’s sensitivity to provide it with an unmatched sensation of comfort. May apply twice a week and only to leave on face for 15 to 20 mins and rinse off with water.
- Serum Erythos to visibly easing redness, regulating vascularization and reducing skin bloodstream. It contains cocktail of 7 active ingredients objectively tested on sensitive Skin Instants© prone to rosacea.
- Emulsion Gel Biosensible to restructure the epidermis’s microrelief to reduce skin reactions and tightness. Skin is soothed and less rough and sensations of overheating are reduced.
- Lastly, it is extremely crucial to protect the skin from sun exposure using a sun protector that delivers UVA/UVB protection with an SPF of 25 or higher. In this case, we recommend SPF Protection U.V. SPF25 as it is not as heavy and thick. Its formula is rich in anti-aging, soothing, anti-dark-spot and moisturizing active ingredients, which help prevent aging and dehydration in the skin.
Besides using gentle and non irritable skincare, patients should also pay attention to what trigger the skin condition and try to avoid the triggers, apply sunscreen diligently daily prior exposing to sun, do not use finger or any object to rub or touch the skin at all time and avoid heavy makeup that irritates skin.