Need a quick reference on how to go about your Biologique Recherche (BR) skin care routine? Check out our diagram below.
Biologique Recherche's face treatment consists of these 3 core stages, i.e.
The Initialization Stage is a crucial part of the Biologique Recherche Methodology. During this stage, the epidermis is thoroughly cleansed, its pH is balanced, it is gently exfoliated and its proteo-lipidic film is restored. Impurities and dead cells are gradually brought to the surface and eliminated. After this stage, which comprises make-up removal followed by gentle exfoliation and a mask, the skin is ready to receive the Treatment Stage products. This stage includes three steps that Biologique Recherche believes are essential.
- Cleanser: Relaxation time, which consists of proprioceptive massage and skin cleansing
- Lotion: Skin preparation using P50 lotion, a micro-exfoliating lotion that preserves the acidic PH pf the epidermis
- Masque: Mask application, to prepare, condition and stimulate the skin
- Quintessential Serum / Targeted Serum: This stage includes products with the highest concentration of active ingredients that "recondition" the epidermis to enhance the self-regeneration properties. Through the reconditioning, the skin regains its elasticity, while the face regains its natural tone, shape and contour.
- Creme / Finishing Serum: The finishing stage is designed to set and optimize the treatment's action by providing additional active plant or organic marine active ingredients in finishing creams and finishing serums adapted to the skin and its needs.
Today we going to focus on Treatment Stage which is the use of Quintessential Serum and Targeted Serum. So, which are the products to use first? Quintessential Serum or Targeted Serum? It is one of the burning questions from some of our BareSkin Elements’ customers.
Applying our skin care products in the proper order ensures that our skin receives the full benefits of each product. The rule of thumb is always to apply products from the thinnest consistency to thickest consistency, i.e. from liquid to serum to cream to oil. We always want to first use products that can easily penetrate into our skin and lastly to finish off with products with bigger molecules that can sit on top of the skin to work on the surface.
In this case of Quintessential Serum and Targeted Serum, Targeted Serum is of slightly thicker consistency. Naturally you may think that Targeted Serum will always be applied after Quintessential Serum which is of lighter weight. Answer is "Yes and No". Biologique Recherche Targeted Serums are developed to fix some skin instants that may present specific but temporary imbalances that requires targeted treatment. In this instance, due to skin instants condition, we recommend the following Targeted Serum to be applied first:
- Serum Biosensible and Serum Erythos: They are formulated to reduce redness and calm sensitive epidermis. Recommended for reactive and sensitive skin, or skin with rosacea. To apply before Quintessential Serum as skin soothing and calming of redness and irritation are of higher priority!
- Serum 3R: A renewing + regenerating + repairing serum that stimulates the skin’s intrinsic regenerative potential. It contains exfoliation agent thus recommended to use before Quintessential Serum as it refines and soften your skin for maximum absorption of subsequent products.
Hope this post is helpful to you.
XL, BareSkin Elements Founder